ISZWAN GOES ONLINE

Friday, September 26, 2008

4 Days To Hari Raya! / Not funny Bodo!

My Late-Grandmother once said


"Tuntutlah ilmu sampai ke negeri China"

Which literally means






"Broaden Your knowledge till you reach China"





Hmm? I guess that sounds rather awkward! Okay, in other words it means





"Continue to pursue lifelong learning"

I guess that sounds better! It's actually an old Arabic proverb which literally to encourages People to broaden their knowledge and perspective till they reach China (huh?) ,or in other words to encourage lifelong learning. But why China?
Well, this is because ... centuries ago, The Chinese Community was well-known for their extensive knowledge on Medicinal and at that point of time, maps hadn't existed yet and none of the Arabian knew where was China located! And because, Chinese Medicines were famous at that time, that they were sold through out the world till it reached the Arabian land. Due to that, the Arabian Community encourage it's people to emulate and broaden their knowledge till they reach China, even though they didn't know where was China! (sounds lame siah!) And up to this date, the proverb is widely used in many cultures! (101% confirmed!)

My late-grandmother is a very good example. She always had the enthusiasm and will to learn new things. Even, how difficult things were for her, she would always somehow, pull off. An advocator of lifelong learning, she had this never-say-die spirit in her. Which I always lacked of.

This week, I watched a Movie, which I found it very awe-inspiring and somehow related to today's topic : Lifelong Learning!

Mad About English. It's a documentary about China's preparation towards the Olympic 2008 which was... Encouraging it's Population to learn and speak decent English! I found it rather awe-inspiring because it scoped into many individual lives, in their race against time to master English! They had less than a year and what's more inspiring is that even those who were at their late years still continued to pursue in learning English! I've been learning English for most of my life yet, I couldn't master it! KUDOS to THEM!

Sadly, I don't really understand why were the people in the Cinema laughing their Ass Out when they watched it! It's an Educational film! Not Comedy Bodo! I don't really find it funny! These People in the documentary, are actually puting their pride aside and brave through all the obstacles to achive One Common goal! They may not be able to understand or sound perfectly, but they surely shown enough Courage and Determination to persue what they've set for! For them, I salute!

Hmm... for some reasons, I feel very inspired and MORE motivated right now! I want to do POA! Watch out for Me Bodos!

Cause Her Spirit will never die in Me!


Okay, once and for all, stop asking what happened to the back of my neck! Accident happens! ( SUAI!)

19 Days to go...


" What do You want to be when You grow up?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home